Happy Pancake Tuesday everybody. This year is a little different in lockdown but we need to make the most of it. Many of you are making pancakes from home but if you are thinking of ordering in or doing a click and collect for delicious pancakes this Pancake Tuesday, we would highly recommend the options below…
- Herbstreet at Hanover Quay in Grand Canal Dock are known for their famous pancakes. You can order their traditional short or tall stack of fluffy American-style pancakes. On the menu this pancake Tuesday for click and collect is Apple Pie Pancakes, Double Chocolate and Raspberry Pancakes, along with their traditional buttermilk pancakes. If you are more of a savoury person, you can try their spinach and ricotta pancakes with smoky bacon or smoked salmon or tickle your taste buds with their spicy black beach and sweetcorn pancakes.
- JoeandBros in Cork are ready to serve their speciality pancakes in the Gillabbey Street location. Simply call ahead and collect your delights. Indulge in their Nutella, strawberries and Oreo pancakes, go classic with their lemon and sugar pancake, enjoy their fresh fruit, fruit compote and maple syrup pancake or try their candied bacon and maple syrup
- Póg in Dublin is open in Bachelors Walk and Howth from 9am until 6pm for takeaway. Try their signature protein pancakes for just €11. We could all do with a nice treat in lockdown this pancake Tuesday. Choose your toppings and sauces and indulge in a delight like this one below…
- The Metropole Hotel is a hotspot in Cork and they are serving their delicious pancakes in their outdoor café today for takeaway. Pick your own toppings and enjoy with a coffee, tea or hot chocolate. I recently indulged in a Nutella and strawberry filled pancake, along with a hot chocolate and it was just divine. We have to treat ourselves during this lockdown. Enjoy the little things in life.
- Angelina’s Restaurant and Deli in Percy Place in Dublin are also serving their popular pancakes this Pancake Tuesday. Indulge in their buttermilk pancakes with fresh cream, strawberry compote and maple syrup. YUM!!
- If you prefer the crepe style of pancake, Le Petit Breton is for you. Le Petit Breton is an artisan crêperie located on the busy junction of Whitworth Road and Lower Drumcondra Road. Their menu is full of both sweet and savoury delights but two crepes have stuck out on the menu for me!! ‘La Banoffée’ which is sliced banana, crushed biscuit served with salted butter caramel sauce and topped with whipped cream. Another delight is their ‘La Bretonne’ which is homemade salted butter caramel sauce drizzled over a scoop of caramel ice cream and served with dark chocolate sauce and whipped cream. Oh wow, their crepe menu is a menu of dreams!!
- Strawberry Fields Pancake cottage is located just over the stunning Molls Gap in County Kerry. Using a secret recipe, with local ingredients this Dutch family do an excellent job at making the best pancakes in Ireland! Lots of choice from sweet to savoury. The pancakes are made to order, so as fresh as could be. My favourite savoury pancake at Strawberry Fields is topped with goats-cheese, pineapple, walnuts, honey & thyme. And my favourite sweet pancake is generously topped with marshmallows, strawberries and chocolate-sauce and cream! Simply delicious! Unfortunately Strawberry Fields are closed due to Covid but I had to include them in this list as it is one you just have to add to your list of things to do when we get out of lockdown. Simply the most delicious pancakes and location.
There are so many delicious pancake options! Where is your favourite pancake spot in Ireland? I think a pancake tour of Ireland after lockdown could be in store for me after writing this post!!!