All you need is
Imagine walking into a room filled with the scent of beautifully roasted cocoa beans combined with the sweet, rich smell of indulgent chocolate. If this is your idea of heaven then you will be thrilled to savour the delights on offer during this chocolate and baking weekend.
We are delighted to share with you all the information you need to know for the Cork Chocolate and Baking Event. This heavenly weekend is taking place in Cork International Hotel on November 23rd – 25th and is bursting with the finest chocolatiers, expert bakers, exclusive baking events, chocolate workshops, indulgent tastings, a chocolate dinner of dreams and so much more.
This year is very exciting as they welcome the renowned British Chocolatier, Mr. Paul. A Young. Paul is a ground breaking and inspirational chocolatier who is at the forefront of the British chocolate scene. Paul’s passion for his craft and his cutting-edge creativity has won him numerous awards and led him being ranked amongst the world’s best chocolatiers. Paul has a reputation as an incredibly creative flavour alchemist who often develops flavour combinations that are original, experimental, sometimes daring, yet always perfectly balanced. For any inspiring bakers, you will also appreciate learning from the baking expert himself Mr. Paul Kelly who is executive Pastry Chef from The Merrion Hotel and Judge on The Great Irish Bake Off.
Here’s some of the tasty delights on offer over the course of the weekend:
- The famous Cork chocolate dinner will take place on Friday the 23rd of November. Each course will feature chocolate in an exquisite way and each course will be created by a guest chef, while also being paired perfectly with a wine to compliment the course. A dinner any chocolate lover would fantasise over.
- The main chocolate element of the weekend is the main exhibition area which will capture the expertise of a collection of chocolatiers and bakers. You can explore the heavenly tastes and luscious smells as you roam around the fair. Stock up on some new equipment, learn from chocolate and baking experts themselves and tickle your taste buds with new flavours. A room of dreams for all the chocolate and baking admirers out there.
- One of our favourite things on the schedule is the Mini Tasting Rooms. You can enjoy 30 minute tasting sessions and develop your chocolate knowledge with an in-depth culinary education.
- There will be an abundance of workshops throughout the weekend to enjoy. Here you can develop your culinary expertise through a large variety of cookery demonstrations designed to enhance your chocolate and baking skills. The perfect time to brush up on your skills before the festive season.
- On Sunday you can enjoy The Great Cork Bake Off where 15 finalists will present their show stopper Christmas themed masterpiece to Mr. Paul Kelly, our favourite judge of the Great Irish Bake Off.
- For any families, you can let the kids experience the magical word of chocolate for just €5 per child. Cake decorating workshops will run between 11am – 5pm on both Saturday and Sunday. There is also a bean to bar talk to learn more about how chocolate is created.
This is a weekend where you will want to experience it all so we would recommend checking out some of the packages below with the Cork International Hotel. These packages are very well priced and include access to every event for the full weekend. Arrive at the hotel to unwind, relax and indulge in a weekend of CHOCOLATE!!
Package 1: Enjoy the gourmet chocolate dinner, one night B&B and entry to the event of dreams for €115pp (Book here or call 0214549800)
Package 2: Enjoy the gourmet chocolate dinner, two night B&B and entry to the event of dreams for €195pp (Book here or call 0214549800)
The Saturday and Sunday main exhibition is open to the public between 11am – 5:30pm. On both days, you can book a time slot between 11am – 2pm or 2:30pm – 5:30pm. During your three hour session, you can enjoy the exhibition, mini tasting rooms, cooking demonstrations and workshops. Cost €15pp. Children €5per child. (Book tickets here)
I wish every weekend was as sweet as this one…
(Many Thanks to Cork International Hotel for collaborating on this post).