Mother’s Day is approaching and this year is going to look a little different to how we normally celebrate it. In normal times, people would be treating their mother to dinner in her favourite restaurant, preparing a homely Sunday lunch for her to enjoy, organising a relaxing spa day or a luxurious getaway. Even though you might not get to spend the day with your Mother this year, there are still many ways you can make her feel special. While you can get presents, chocolates or flowers delivered, you could take it a step further and make your mother feel extra special with a delivery of afternoon tea to her door. You could join her for tea and chats over zoom to celebrate Mother’s Day. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter if you are miles apart, the tea and the chats will be the same. It’s all about spoiling your mom, while staying safe this mother’s day.
Here are some popular places offering afternoon tea this Mother’s Day to enjoy in the comfort of your own home:
- The Metropole Hotel in Cork always creates one of the best afternoon tea experiences in Cork city. We are delighted to let you know, you can now indulge in their delights in the comfort of your own home. The Metropole Hotel, located in the heart of the city are offering a delicious Mother’s Day Afternoon Tea which includes a Somas Studio luxury candle handcrafted in Cork. You can order for Thursday 11th – Sunday the 14th and their tasty afternoon tea ranges from €40pp – €60pp including a bottle of Prosecco. You can also surprise your mom at her door and get it delivered if she is within a 15km radius from the hotel for €10. A special touch for mother’s day.
- The K Club offers luxury, perfection and impeccable service and it is no different with their special treats for Mother’s Day, offering Afternoon Tea delivered to your mum’s door with impeccable White Glove service. The K Club afternoon tea is carefully boxed in a handsome, tiered K Club-branded Afternoon Tea caddy. You can order for collection on Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th March or you can get your array of goodies delivered straight to your mum’s door with the White Glove service from The Parcel Concierge, a delivery service now available in Kildare and Dublin.
- Glenlo Abbey Hotel in Galway are also celebrating the wonderful mothers in your life and have created a delicious Glenlo Abbey Afternoon Tea at home, made specifically with mums in mind. For just €30pp you can indulge in the delights on offer which includes a selection of freshly made sandwiches ranging from; chicken Caesar with crispy bacon, free range hen egg mayonnaise & rocket, a Connemara crab salad brioche and spiced avocado mousse & tomato cone. If your mum has a sweeter tooth their traditional favourite and much-loved homemade fruit scones, accompanied by their carefully created, tasty treats will tantalise every tastebud. An array of delicate desserts are on offer, including chocolate & fresh berries galaxy, Tahitian vanilla cake with raspberry icing, a splendid speculoos & hazelnut cheesecake tart and a delightful petit choux. A treat like this will make you the apple of our mothers eye.
- When you think of a luxurious afternoon tea, The Shelbourne in the heart of Dublin city on Stephen’s Green definately springs to mind. This year they are making sure Mother’s Day is nothing short of extraordinary by offering pre-order Takeaway Afternoon Tea so you can treat your mom and indulge in their delicious pastries and sweet treats. The Shelbourne is allowing you to raise a toast to your darling Mum. To place an order please contact the hotel directly on +353 1 663 4500
- The Montenotte Hotel may have one of the best views in Cork but it also creates one of the best afternoon teas. It is one of the most popular places in Cork for Afternoon tea and we can see why! Treat your Mum to Afternoon Tea to enjoy at home this Friday the 12th. Indulge in afternoon tea for two people and get a gift to brighten up the house with a potted plant, all for just €55. Unfortunately, the Saturday and Sunday slots are sold out, yes it is that good! Why not celebrate your Mum with the Friday feeling and order before they are sold out completely.