We are delighted to share our new VLOG and blog from the day where our dreams came true:
The day had come to hit the road to magical DISNEY WORLD. As long as I can remember, I have wanted to go to Disney World so it really was a dream come true. Disney World is split into five lands consist of Tomorrowland, Fantasyland, Frontierland, Liberty Square and Adventureland.
First thing we did was to experience Magic Kingdom which allows you to soak up the magic of Disney World. Walking down main street was everything I expected Disney World to be… and more!
The castle really is the one thing that just fills you with magic as soon as you see it. It sums up the magical world of Disney World.
We went on the train ride first which goes right around the park… we thought this was a good way to start the day and to try to get our bearing. A great start to the day.
We then went to get our fast passes to the experiences and rides(See top tips below for info). First ride was ‘It’s a small world’ and a great ride for all ages, especially the little kids. Be prepared for the song to stuck in your head for the rest of the day!!
Next ride was a little scarier at the Haunted Mansion… a great experience with great effects throughout the ghost train. Next up was Thunder Mountain. We couldn’t get a fast pass for Thunder Mountain so we decided it was worth the que. A thunderstorm hit just as we reached the sheltered que for thunder mountain. Lucky for us, as soon as it opened up again, we got straight on the ride. The best ride in Disney World. A great experience. Just the right amount of thrill.
We then decided to cool off and go on a boat ride throughout Disney World. Great experience to see Disney from the water.
We then went to Tomorrowland and went on Buzz Lightyear’s ride which was great fun. Something very different and I would say young boys would LOVE this ride. We went on a shuttle ride throughout tomorrowland then and got to see all the magic from the future including SPACE MOUNTAIN(I didn’t have the courage to go on this ride!! A big baby!!)
Meeting the characters that make Disney was it is was on the top of our list. We were lucky enough to meet Woodie and Jess in Adventureland. To meet Minnie and the rest of the crew you need to que (you can’t get a fast pass for this unfortunately). I really wanted to get my picture with Minnie so we waited. We also got a picture with Daisy Duck… my Dad made the mistake of calling her a ‘him’ and she was not happy!! Very funny!! She didn’t let him get away with it!! To see all the places you can meet the characters, check it out here. (Plan you day to meet the characters you want).
Disney World is all about the night time events; The Parade, the shows and the fireworks. We enjoyed the magical electrical parade where you get to see all the characters(parade is on at 9pm and 11pm). We then enjoyed the most spectacular show on the castle which was so well done with lights and stories. Magical. Great to see all the new 3D features added to Disney World. Next up, the best fireworks I have ever seen in my life over the castle. Spectacular!
We ended the day meeting Micky Mouse at the Town Square theater and this ended up being the highlight of the day. We had a fast pass for this and the experience was unbelievable. It’s almost like meeting Santa when your younger!
- Fast Pass: At the start of the day you can get 3 fast passes to any rides. Once these are used up you can get another fast pass(but only one at a time after you use up your 3). Also get your fast passes straight away as the popular rides fill up and fast passes for them run out.
- To see all the places you can meet the characters, check it out here. (Plan you day to meet the characters you want).
- Keep an eye on a few times slots you dont want to miss. 9pm: The Disney Parade. 9:45: Disney 3D displays on Castle. 10pm: Fireworks. 11pm: Repeat of Parade.
- Try to get a fast pass to see Mikey Mouse at the end of the day… a great way to end the day. You can get a fast pass for this after the fireworks and visit just before you go home.
- Be prepared for a que for many rides – some can be up to 50/60 minutes of a wait.
- Be early for the parade. It starts at 9pm but to get a good spot you would need to be there as early as 8pm.
- As it is so hot, thunderstorms are likely so bring some sort of rain coat with you and be prepared.
- Bring lots of sun cream and water!!
- Lots of good restaurants on site with a good selection of food which is priced well. It also gives you a welcomed break from the heat and walking around.
- Arrive early to make the most of the day.
Disney World… where dreams come true!