- WHO ARE WE?
- THE PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
- OUR ROLE
- USE OF THE WEBSITE
- WHO DOES THIS PRIVACY NOTICE APPLY TO?
- WHAT GENERAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
- WHAT TECHNICAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
- WHEN DO WE COLLECT IT?
- WHAT DO WE DO WITH IT?
- HOW WE USE GENERAL DATA
- HOW WE USE TECHNICAL DATA
- USE OF SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
- CHILD PRIVACY
- SECURITY MEASURES
- THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- ACCESS TO INFORMATION
- RETENTION OF INFORMATION
- HOW TO CONTACT US
- DATA PROTECTION COMMISSIONER
WHO ARE WE?
Terms used to refer to the Company include “we”, “us” and “our”
Company: OnTheQT Limited
Address: Lynmur, Carhoo, Rathpeacon, Co. Cork, Ireland
Registered Number: 529593
VAT Number: IE 3190617NH
THE PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time and will post any changes on the Website. You are advised to come back and read through it again, from time to time. This Privacy Notice was last updated on 15 February 2017.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Acts 1988 & 2003, we act as data controller in connection with the personal data you provide to us when you use our Services.
USE OF THE WEBSITE
As part of the Services you will be able to publish and publicly display personal information through the publishing of travel blogs posted to the Website as well as through participation in message boards, discussion groups and other forums. Participation in the Services is always optional. If you choose to disclose personal data when using the Services/Website, you do so at your own risk. Your blogs, posts and username are all visible to the public by default. Remember that information shared on the internet may be copied and shared and you may lose privacy rights by posting information using the Website. We shall have no liability to you whatsoever regarding the use of such personal data by persons other than us.
WHO DOES THIS PRIVACY NOTICE APPLY TO?
This Privacy Notice applies to any person whose personal data we process when providing our Services and to any visitor to the Website.
WHAT GENERAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect general information about users of the Website/the Services (the “General Data”) including:
– Telephone Number
– Resume/CV details
– Personal opinion
WHAT TECHNICAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We may collect the following technical data about users of the Website/Services (the “Technical Data”) including:
– technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect to the Internet, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
– information about visits to the Website or use of the Services, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Website and the Services (including date and time log); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT IT?
We may collect the General Data and the Technical Data when you:
– correspond with us by phone, in writing or otherwise
– report a problem or receive support in connection with the Website/Services
– submit a blog
– use the Website/Services
– apply for a job
– register/subscribe to our updates and newsletter,
– upload your experience in our ‘Add your QT spot’ section of the Website
– search on our geolocation map
– enter a competition, promotion or survey
WHAT DO WE DO WITH IT?
We will only use it to provide the Services and to provide you with information about the Services. By using the Services and visiting the Website you consent to our use of the information collected in the following ways, including to:
HOW WE USE GENERAL DATA
– send communications to you about the Website and/or the Services including news and courses we offer in relation to the Website. You can opt out of receiving such communications by contacting us using the details below or following the opt out process;
– send notifications about changes to the Services;
– collect data received from the ‘Add your QT spot’ form which was uploaded by you.
HOW WE USE TECHNICAL DATA
– administer the Website and the Services and for internal operations, including support, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
– to improve the Website and the Services and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective and user friendly manner;
– to allow you to participate in the interactive features of our Service, when you choose to do so; and
– as part of our efforts to keep the Services and the Website safe and secure.
USE OF SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
It is not expected that any sensitive personal data would be collected by us as part of the Services (i.e. data relating to racial or ethnic origin, political or religious opinions, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health or condition or sexual life, the commission of any offence or related documentation).
If we do collect such information then you consent to our processing this data in the manner set out in this Privacy Notice.
Cookies enable us to store information about your preferences and therefore customise the Website according to your individual interests. They are also used to monitor which parts of the Website are the most popular to its visitors and to facilitate the operation of the Affiliate Program with TripAdvisor.
You are not obliged to accept cookies and you can amend your browser’s settings to prevent cookies being accepted by it. Please be aware that if you do disable cookies however, certain services on the Website will not be available to you and your use and enjoyment of them will be impaired. Some of our e-commerce applications require the acceptance of cookies to keep track of the items in your shopping cart and to complete an order. If you do not accept these cookies you will not be able to place an order through the Website.
We use the following cookies:
|__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmt, __utmv, __utmz||Google Analytics||Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”), to help us to see how our Website is used. In doing so information about your use of our Website, including your IP address, may be transmitted to Google We use Google Analytics to determine the pages of the Website that are most frequently viewed|
|SID, SAPISID, APISID, SSID, HSID, NID, PREF||Google Maps||Google set a number of cookies on any page that includes a Google Map. While we have no control over the cookies set by Google, they appear to include a mixture of pieces of information to measure the number and behaviour of Google Maps users. We use Google Maps to: display the location of your Device when you request this Service|
|Dpr||Facebook Tracking||This cookie enables us to connect you to your facebook account|
The Website does not offer Services which are directed to children. If a person submits information and we know that person is under 13 we will use this information only to respond and inform the person that parental consent must be obtained before the information may be used.
We do not provide your information to third parties for marketing purposes. In certain circumstances, we may disclose it to certain third parties as follows:
– business partners and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract relating to the Website and the Services including; payment processors, data aggregators and hosting service providers.
– We are affiliated with the TripAdvisor Affiliate programme who partner with CJ Affiliate to provide trusted third-party tracking. Certain cookies may be collected from you as part of this service;
– we may disclose the information relevant to any backup or hosting services to Seek Internet Solutions, Unit 2, Hillview Campus, Euro Business Park, Little Island, Co. Cork.
– analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website. This consists of aggregated anonymous information only and relates to the web pages visited on the Website and not the information included on those web pages;
– if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us will be one of the transferred assets;
– to protect our rights, property, or safety, or that of you or others.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that the information is treated securely, in compliance with the instructions of the Customer and in accordance with this Privacy Notice and the relevant law.
In particular, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information that you provide to us.
To protect the privacy and security of the Services, we will also take reasonable steps to use secure connections to protect sensitive information during its transmission.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The information processed by us may be transferred to, and stored at our hosting centres in the European Union.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Website and the Services contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own Privacy Notices. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these third party websites nor do we provide support for their services. Please undertake the appropriate due diligence before submitting any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to access information held about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your information, please send an email to OnTheQT.email@example.com
We want to ensure that your information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided changes, for example if you change your email address, name, or if you wish to cancel your registration, please let us know by sending an email to OnTheQT.firstname.lastname@example.org. You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
We will retain your information for:
– for as long as we need it to provide the services and/or information you have requested; or
– or for as long as we are required under relevant laws.
If you would like your information to be deleted, please contact OnTheQT.email@example.com.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Please contact us if you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or information we hold about you:
– by email at: OnTheQT.firstname.lastname@example.org
– or write to us at: Lynmur, Carhoo, Rathpeacon, Co. Cork, Ireland
DATA PROTECTION COMMISSIONER
The Data Protection Commissioner in Ireland may be contacted at email@example.com