As you know, we have travelled to many countries, been on many adventures and explored many places so we have learnt a few tricks along the way on how to save money when your booking your flights, hotels and adventures. We gathered all our tips just for you to help you save money while travelling the world! Happy Travels 🙂
- Go off the beaten track. People tend to travel and stay in busy areas or the city centre. Go OnTheQT and go off the beaten track. Not only will it show you the local gems and hidden treasures but it will also save you some money. Accommodation, restaurants and even adventures are normally half the price they are in main tourist places.
- Home exchange. Yes we have tried this. We did home exchanges in Cape Cod in MA, USA and we also did one in Perth in Australia. What we loved about it was that you had your own space and you experienced a more local feel to the holiday. We use https://www.homeexchange.com/en/. Both home exchanges we did were amazing, we ended up in two beautiful houses. One near the beach and the other with a private swimming pool. It was pure perfection. We also got to know the locals and got local tips from the people we exchanged with. We exchanged both homes and cars. It saves a lot of money but trust us both of these experiences were the best holidays ever.
- Shop till you drop! If you are planning on staying in a hotel, be sure to shop around. There are lots of online websites selling hotel deals and commission for them is added to the price. Lots of these website are actually owned by the same company so lots will have similar prices. Our tip is to go to the hotel’s website itself. Lots of times, it’s actually cheaper.
- Travel on a Tuesday. Everybody thinks we have to start our holidays at the weekend but traveling on a Tuesday can save you a lot. Change around your weekend break. Note: Flying out on a Tuesday rather then a Friday can cost 35% less and flying home on a Tuesday rather then a Sunday can cost 45% less. If your planning a family holiday this summer, it can save you up to €400- €500 if you travel from a Tuesday to a Tuesday. Trust us…
- Swop and change airlines. Sometimes we automatically go to buy return flights when we purchase our flights with an airline. Sometimes it’s actually cheaper to fly out with one airline and back with another. Do you research – it could be worth your while.
- Follow Ryanair on Twitter. Ryanair have lots of flash sales so be sure to follow them on twitter and you never know, you could get a great deal on one of their flash sales. Be spontaneous and adventurous.
- Book at least 3 months ahead of time. Prices are always cheaper the earlier you book. They tend to go up in price 2-3 months before departure. The early bird catches the worm!!
- Try not to change your money at the airports or at ATMs. You will be charged way more by getting your money at the airport or at an ATM. Get organised and pick it up in the post office before you travel as they always seem to have the best rates.
- Roaming. We love the Free Wifi Finder app. It finds all the wifi hot spots all over the world so you can then use it for skype or viber to connect home. Saving you money. Also gives you a chance to upload photos of your adventures to show all your friends at home.
- Travel insurance. If you take more then two holidays a year, multitrip policy is cheaper. Be sure to shop around for this as you can cut the cost by just doing a little research. Also be sure to have a European Health insurance card(it’s not the same as health insurance).
Lots of travel tips for you all and we hope it saves you some money which you can put towards your next adventure…
Happy Travels 🙂