The Travel Fair of Dreams
Our favourite time of the year in the OnTheQT HQ is January as it is the perfect time to plan your travels and adventures for the year ahead. Whether you are looking to go backpacking through South America, head island hopping in Greece or taste the spices of India, January is the right time to start planning ahead.
We all want to tick off some of those bucket list destinations so if you are dreaming of new adventures, travels and experiences for 2019, we have the event of the year for you. Cork International Hotel, along with Cork Airport have put together a travel fair of dreams to help you plan your dream destinations for 2019.
If you are looking for travel tips for solo travel, family holidays, honeymoons, adventure holidays or even searching for a luxurious break, you will find everything you need to know at this inspirational show. The Cork International Travel Fair will take place at the Cork International Hotel on the 2nd and 3rd of February 2019.
Gather some travel inspiration for 2019, browse the breathtaking destinations on display by the exhibitors and find the best deals for your 2019 holiday. Learn from the travel experts themselves and let them turn your dreams into a reality – a safari adventure in South Africa, a European city break or a luxurious dream holiday in the Caribbean.
Where to next? Budapest, Providence, Naples, Malta, Barcelona or Bordeaux. Cork Airport have been revealing an abundance of new routes over the past year so it is a great opportunity to see what new destinations are even closer then you imagined. What I also love about the Travel Fair is there will be lots of options for unique staycations as sometimes the best holiday destinations are located on your doorstep already.
Now it wouldn’t be a holiday show without some incredible prizes on the day and I can tell you this show does not disappoint when it comes to prizes over the weekend. Some dream prizes will include a trip for 2 to Lisbon, a trip for 2 to Cornwall, a trip for 2 to Dubrovnik, a return trip for 2 to Paris, a 2 night stay in the Dingle Skelligs Hotel, a 2 night stay in the Castle Oaks Hotel in Limerick, a 3 night B&B stay at The Cornwall Hotel, Spa & Estate and much more.
The Cork International Travel Fair allows you to discover the hot spots of 2019, find the best travel deals and have the top experts under one roof ready to help you plan your travel goals.
Details of the Cork Travel Fair 2019
- The Cork International Travel Fair in association with Cork Airport will take place at the Cork International Hotel on Saturday February 2nd and Sunday February 3rd
- The event will run from 11am to 5.30pm.
- Entry to the event is completely free.
- There is plenty of free parking at the Cork International Hotel.
- For any more information, check out their website corkinternationaltravelfair.ie.
My Top travel picks for 2019
- Budapest –The perfect destination for a long weekend. Enjoy the hungarian cuisine, relax in the historic baths, explore the old town of Buda and admire the impressive architecture around every corner. A weekend full of things to do and see. You can fly April – October 2019 from Cork Airport to Budapest.
- Providence – One of my favourite trips of 2018 was exploring what Rhode Island had to offer. I would highly recommend a trip for 2019. You can fly with Norwegian from Cork Airport to TF Green Airport. There is so much to choose from in Rhode Island. Go sailing in Newport, cycle the picturesque Block Island, explore an Oyster Farm in South County, visit the Providence flea market or experience the impressive food scene in You can also head into Boston for a city break or down to Cape Cod for some relaxation.
- Dubrovnik – Over a thousand unspoilt islands and warm turquoise seas pushes Croatia to the top of our travel bucket list. From May to September you can fly to Dubrovnik from Cork Airport. A beautiful city to explore. I would highly recommend going island hopping while you are there to admire some of those beautiful unspoilt islands.
(Many Thanks to Cork International Hotel for collaborating on this post).