Happy Friday everybody. Time to chill out, explore and have some long weekend adventures. There are some great activities going on throughout Ireland this weekend so have a look and enjoy exploring. Remember Adventures are forever!!
Our app is up and running now. You can download the app from Apple here and from the Google play store here. Discover new adventures and be sure to share your own adventures with us and add your QT spot to the map. Top 10 QT weekend tips:
- Saturday morning, load up the bikes and go on a bike trail in Ballyhoura in Limerick with Trailriders. Check out our recent video – now you see and feel the adventure before you go! Enjoy!
- Whats Sup? Why not try some stand up paddle boarding this weekend. One of our favourite places to try this is Neptune Kayak in Rostellan in Cork. A great relaxing way to spend a few hours! You might even get the chance to try some yoga on the board!! Check out our QT blog post on our experience here.
- Why not go for some afternoon tea? A spot of tea and relaxation? Our favourite places are Mary Anne’s Tearooms in Tralee and Castlemartyr Resort in Cork. Go on…treat yourself!
- Why not go on a new adventure with the kids this weekend. A lovely QT follower recommended to use the Donkey Sanctuary which is a picturesque sanctuary is nestled in the historic village of Liscarroll, just 15 minutes drive from Mallow. The sanctuary is open every day and as soon as you drive in you are greeted by inquisitive donkey faces peering through railings and roaming through fields. They do say the best things in life are free so why not check out this beautiful QT gem this weekend. Check out our blog post here.
- Ballyhoura Horse Trails in Kilfinane, Limerick have lots of treks this weekend. We did this on Patrick’s Day so be sure to check out our experience of it here.
- We also LOVE Springfort Hall, a countryside gem just outside Mallow, Co. Cork recently. A location of pure luxury, hidden in the picturesque countryside surrounded by peace, tranquility and relaxation. Looking for some relaxation this weekend, check it out. Have a look at our blog to read and see all about it before you visit. It is the perfect spot for lunch or tea/coffee after the Donkey Sanctuary. Also they have a café on the main street in Mallow which is well worth a stop. Check out both our new videos on their fab dinner here and lunch here.
- Enjoy the outdoors with your kids! We love Open Farms, especially Grenagh Open Farm in Cork. This Irish farm feels exactly the way a farm should be with only Irish animals, tractors and much more.
- Try some of the amazing walks around the country. Take Ballyhoura in Limerick(If it’s good enough for Kimye) or even the Ballycotton cliff walk in Cork. A great way to spend an hour.
What a fab week of adventures we had and lots more coming next week. We had lots of adventures in Ireland this week, we launched some more of our Vancouver blogs, we also started our New Zealand blog posts with Fiona and Lauren is off on her world trip so be sure to follow her live on snapchat (username: ontheqtie) and you can also follow the adventures on Instagram: OnTheQT or on twitter @OnTheQTie #OnTheQT.