Happy Friday everybody. Friday(YAY!) is here so time to think of our weekend adventures already. A weekend of adventures awaits us! Make the most of your time off and plan a weekend full of adventure. Go to those places on your bucket list for 2016…
Our app is up and running now. You can download the app from Apple here and from the Google play store here. Discover new adventures and be sure to share your own adventures with us and add your QT spot to the map. Top QT weekend tips:
- Here at OnTheQT we love nothing more than to go on an outdoor adventure. One of our favourite weekend adventures is to head out for a cycle at the stunning National Park in Killarney. Check it out here.
- Why not go on a roadtrip this weekend around Ireland? Check out some of our favourite roadtrips around Ireland here and pick one that you love. Happy Travels!
- Saturday morning, load up the bikes and go on a bike trail in Ballyhoura in Limerick with Trailriders. Check out our recent video – now you see and feel the adventure before you go! Enjoy!
- Enjoy the outdoors with your kids! We love Open Farms, especially Grenagh Open Farm in Cork. This Irish farm feels exactly the way a farm should be with only Irish animals, tractors and much more.
- Why not go on a new adventure with the kids this weekend. A lovely QT follower recommended to use the Donkey Sanctuary which is a picturesque sanctuary is nestled in the historic village of Liscarroll, just 15 minutes drive from Mallow. The sanctuary is open every day and as soon as you drive in you are greeted by inquisitive donkey faces peering through railings and roaming through fields. They do say the best things in life are free so why not check out this beautiful QT gem this weekend. Check out our blog post here.
- Whats Sup? Why not try some stand up paddle boarding this weekend. One of our favourite places to try this is Neptune Kayak in Rostellan in Cork. A great relaxing way to spend a few hours! You might even get the chance to try some yoga on the board!! Check out our QT blog post on our experience here.
- Why not go for some afternoon tea? A spot of tea and relaxation? Our favourite places are Mary Anne’s Tearooms in Tralee and Castlemartyr Resort in Cork. Go on…treat yourself!
- We also LOVE Springfort Hall, a countryside gem just outside Mallow, Co. Cork recently. A location of pure luxury, hidden in the picturesque countryside surrounded by peace, tranquility and relaxation. Looking for some relaxation this weekend, check it out. Have a look at our blog to read and see all about it before you visit. It is the perfect spot for lunch or tea/coffee after the Donkey Sanctuary. Also they have a café on the main street in Mallow which is well worth a stop. Check out both our new videos on their fab dinner here and lunch here.
- Try some of the amazing walks around the country. Take Ballyhoura in Limerick(If it’s good enough for Kimye) or even the Ballycotton cliff walk in Cork. A great way to spend an hour.
What a fab week of adventures – we were on a big adventure around the Wild Atlantic Way next week so be sure to keep an eye on our Facebook page and snapchat(username: ontheqtie) for more.