Happy Friday everybody! We hope you all had a wonderful week! We had a very busy week this week with lots of adventure planning and editing(we will have some new vlogs over on our YouTube Channel in the next few weeks). We also went on a trip to London for the World Travel Market during the week. It was so much fun walking around past different stands.. it honestly felt like walking around the world! The stands were simply spectacular with each country’s culture, and beauty clearly on display!
We had a very busy week so we are looking forward to a little rest and relaxation this weekend, along with some fun adventures of course. Here are a few things we are thinking about doing this weekend. At the weekend we think its important to take time out, plan a day trip, a night away or even just a nice hike somewhere! Make the most of your time off. So here’s a little insight into what we have planned for the weekend!
There is nothing we love more than strolling into Cork city on a Saturday morning, meeting a friend for coffee and a catch up and reminiscing on fun times we’ve had together! There are a few spots that we just love to pop into on a Saturday morning. Firstly, we love brunch in Ali’s Kitchen. Ali’s Kitchen is a newly opened bake house located on the busy corner site of Rory Gallagher Place, in the trendy Huguenot area of Cork City. With its chic interior design, an open baking area to allow customers see what happens behind the scenes, a large window front, and sweet aroma filling the air, it is the perfect spot for Saturday brunch.
A girl has to shop right?! Isabella Ru is a beautiful boutique vintage shop we stumbled upon recently and we always pop in for a look when we are in Cork city. Although the store is located in Cork city, like a true hidden gem it is tucked in behind the high street shops waiting to be discovered by those willing to look for it! It is full to the brim with trinkets and treasures, and overflowing with glitter, pearls, feather and lace, yet there is only one of each item stocked in the shop! You will be sure to fall in love with the place instantly!
We love getting out in the fresh air so we are thinking of a hike, cycle or even a walk on the beach this weekend. We are thinking of the Ballycotton Cliff Walk, Ardmore Cliff Walk or even a stroll on the Curragh Beach just outside Ardmore. We are sure we will stumble upon some hidden gems along the way too.
If your not in the Cork/Waterford area this weekend, we have a few of our favourite spots from all over the country for you below:
- As you all know, one of our favourite things to do is go on a road trip in Northern Ireland. We recently went off the beaten track in Antrim and stumbled across Kilbane castle which lies just outside of Ballycastle. This is a gem which will take your breath away. As you turn off the main road(sign posted ‘Kinbane’), you head down a windy country road until you come to a care park(Kinbane is tucked below this car park).
- If you in Dublin city and feel like getting away from the hustle of bustle of the big smoke, take a little drive to Howth and go on the Howth Cliff Walk, You will enter a world of peace and tranquilty. A windy path amongst flowers in bloom, grey rock and heather of the coast overlooking the sea.
- South Kerry is one of my favourite places to escape to! There is something very special about being surrounded by such beautiful scenery, spending time by the seaside… and getting lost in your own thoughts!
- Sometimes the best thing to do at the weekend is head to the beach. Even if it’s not sunny… nothing is better than a walk on the beach. One of our favourite spots is Ballyquin Beach in Ardmore, Co. Waterford.
- So if you are looking for something completely different to try with a group of friends this weekend…. Pedal Power in Galway is for you. The 15 seater bike with a beautiful design is the perfect way to explore Galway city centre.. why walk when you can pedal! Hop on with all your friends, stop off in a few pubs around Galway and see all the iconic landmarks in the city such as the beautiful Spanish Arc in no time at all!
- And if your heading to the coast and taking a plunge into the Atlantic Ocean! Here are some of our favourite swimming spots in Ireland!
We have lots of more adventures over on our website! From hiking, to water sports to delicious restaurants we’ve got all sorts of adventures so be sure to browse through the other blog posts and vlogs. Follow our weekend fun over on snapchat (username: OnTheQTie) and we would love if you sent us in some snaps of your weekend adventures.
Hope we have inspired you to do something fun for your weekend also!
Over and out for now,
Steph & Lauren x