Happy Friday everybody. Time to chill out, explore and have some weekend adventures. There are some great activities going on throughout Ireland this weekend so have a look and enjoy exploring. We were delighted to be on giving our travel slot on Late Lunch Live on TV3 Wednesday but if you missed it, check it out here. We are also delighted to welcome Lauren Lucy Crowley to the OnTheQT team. Lauren will be blogging her adventures with us and we are so excited to have her on-board. Now, there is lots going on this weekend: Afternoon tea, cycle trails, surfing, Stand up paddle boarding, farmers markets, festivals Horse trails, Kayaking, Surfing, walks, open farm adventures and much more. Stay safe and enjoy your weekend of adventure.
Our app is up and running now. You can download the app from Apple here and from the Google play store here. Discover new adventures and be sure to share your own adventures with us and add your QT spot to the map. We have lots of competitions taking place via our app in the next few weeks so be sure to keep an eye on our social media sites.
Top 10 QT weekend tips:
- Whats Sup? Why not try some stand up paddle boarding this weekend. One of our favourite places to try this is Neptune Kayak in Rostellan in Cork. A great relaxing way to spend a few hours! You might even get the chance to try some yoga on the board!! Check out our QT blog post on our experience here.
- Check out a great horse riding place, Whitechurch Equestrain Centre, Capall Geal in Cork(just 20min drive from Cork city). Great way to spend a few hours on a trek in the outdoors and with this beautiful sunshine it sounds like a great day out. Beautiful horses and a great day out to be had!
- Enjoy the outdoors with your kids! We love Open Farms, especially Grenagh Open Farm in Cork. This Irish farm feels exactly the way a farm should be with only Irish animals, tractors and much more. It’s getting very festive on the farm at the moment so check out their winter wonderland video here.
- Why not go for some afternoon tea? A spot of tea and relaxation? Our favourite places are Mary Anne’s Tearooms in Tralee and Castlemartyr Resort in Cork. Go on…treat yourself!
- SURFS UP! Get out on the water and try some surfing this weekend. We have heard of two great places for surf. Bundoran in Co. Donegal is known as the surf capital of Ireland and has lots of amazing surf, beaches and surf schools. Sligo is also one of our top tips for surf this weekend. Travel along the coast for some big waves, clean waters, great surfing and lots of craic along the way. A great weekend with friends.
- Try some of the amazing walks around the country. Take Ballyhoura in Limerick(If it’s good enough for Kimye) or even the Ballycotton cliff walk in Cork. A great way to spend an hour(hopefully we will get an hour of sunshine or even dry weather!).
- Go out for dinner as a family or even for some desserts. Have a look at some of our top picks for food on our delicious foods section here.
- Saturday morning, load up the bikes and go on a bike trail in Ballyhoura in Limerick with Trailriders. Check out our recent video that we just launched. Now you see and feel the adventure before you go! Enjoy!
- Ballyhoura Horse Trails in Kilfinane, Limerick have lots of treks this weekend. Why not go on a trail with them and enjoy the countryside. Check out our experience here.
We are looking forward to lots and lots of shoots next week so be sure to follow our shoots by searching #OnTheQTShoots. We are also on snapchat thanks to the lovely Lauren so add us on snapchat: ontheqtie. Discover, Dream and Explore and be sure to follow our adventures on twitter @OnTheQTie #OnTheQT