Happy Friday everybody. It has been short week with Patrick’s Day celebrations but we are still ready for the weekend! Time to chill out, explore and have some weekend adventures. There are some great activities going on throughout Ireland this weekend so have a look and enjoy exploring. Remember Adventures are forever!! Now, there is lots going on this weekend: Afternoon tea, cycle trails, surfing, Stand up paddle boarding, festivals, Horse trails, Kayaking, Surfing, walks, open farm adventures and much more.
Our app is up and running now. You can download the app from Apple here and from the Google play store here. Discover new adventures and be sure to share your own adventures with us and add your QT spot to the map. We have lots of competitions taking place via our app in the next few weeks so be sure to keep an eye on our social media sites.
Top 10 QT weekend tips:
- Why not go on a new adventure with the kids this weekend. A lovely QT follower recommended to use the Donkey Sanctuary which is a picturesque sanctuary is nestled in the historic village of Liscarroll, just fifteen minutes’ drive from Mallow. The sanctuary is open every day and as soon as you drive in you are greeted by inquisitive donkey faces peering through railings and roaming through fields. They do say the best things in life are free so why not check out this beautiful QT gem this weekend. Check out our blog post here.
- We also LOVE Springfort Hall, a countryside gem just outside Mallow, Co. Cork recently. A location of pure luxury, hidden in the picturesque countryside surrounded by peace, tranquility and relaxation. Looking for some relaxation this weekend, check it out. Have a look at our blog to read and see all about it before you visit. It is the perfect spot for lunch or tea/coffee after the Donkey Sanctuary.
- Whats Sup? Why not try some stand up paddle boarding this weekend. One of our favourite places to try this is Neptune Kayak in Rostellan in Cork. A great relaxing way to spend a few hours! You might even get the chance to try some yoga on the board!! Check out our QT blog post on our experience here.
- Check out a great horse riding place, Whitechurch Equestrain Centre, Capall Geal in Cork(just 20min drive from Cork city). Great way to spend a few hours on a trek in the outdoors and with this beautiful sunshine it sounds like a great day out. Beautiful horses and a great day out to be had!
- Enjoy the outdoors with your kids! We love Open Farms, especially Grenagh Open Farm in Cork. This Irish farm feels exactly the way a farm should be with only Irish animals, tractors and much more. It’s getting very festive on the farm at the moment so check out their winter wonderland video here.
- Why not go for some afternoon tea? A spot of tea and relaxation? Our favourite places are Mary Anne’s Tearooms in Tralee and Castlemartyr Resort in Cork. Go on…treat yourself!
- SURFS UP! Get out on the water and try some surfing this weekend. We have heard of two great places for surf. Bundoran in Co. Donegal is known as the surf capital of Ireland and has lots of amazing surf, beaches and surf schools. Sligo is also one of our top tips for surf this weekend. Travel along the coast for some big waves, clean waters, great surfing and lots of craic along the way. A great weekend with friends.
- Try some of the amazing walks around the country. Take Ballyhoura in Limerick(If it’s good enough for Kimye) or even the Ballycotton cliff walk in Cork. A great way to spend an hour(hopefully we will get an hour of sunshine or even dry weather!).
- Saturday morning, load up the bikes and go on a bike trail in Ballyhoura in Limerick with Trailriders. Check out our recent video that we just launched. Now you see and feel the adventure before you go! Enjoy!
- Ballyhoura Horse Trails in Kilfinane, Limerick have lots of treks this weekend. We are thinking of it ourselves. Why not go on a trail with them and enjoy the countryside. Check out our experience here.
We just wanted to wish you all a very Happy International Day of Happiness – It’s Friday, a beautiful spring morning, the sun shining and a weekend of adventures ahead of us. Be Happy and Love Life.
Lots of excited shoots and adventures coming up next week. Be sure to follow our adventures. We are also on snapchat thanks to the lovely OnTheQT crew member Lauren so add us on snapchat, username: ontheqtie. Follow us on Instagram: OnTheQT or on twitter @OnTheQTie #OnTheQT.
Have a great weekend everybody. Discover, Dream and Explore.
Stephanie & Lauren