New Year’s Eve is only around the corner. Plan a little adventure and make the most of your time off. If I am honest, I hate New Year’s Eve. The pressure on what you are doing, where you are going and the idea of spending New Year’s in an over packed bar is not my idea of a great night. But we decided to do a little research and find some QT ways of spending your New Year’s Eve. It doesn’t have to be a big party, it can be something simple that will great memories. Start your New Year with an adventure – now that’s how we want to start and go on in 2016.
Our top 5 OnTheQT New Year’s Celebrations:
- Why not have a luxurious adventure!! Enjoy your New Year’s Eve in the amazing Castlemartyr Resort. Enjoy your night and dance the night away with live entertainment in the heart of the Manor House. They have a romantic package from €380 which includes accommodation, full Irish breakfast, pre-dinner drink and a gourmet dinner. They also have a lovely family package from €360. We all deserve a little luxury, why not treat yourself for New Years and celebrate in comfort and style. For more information, check out their website here.
- Adventure Time! Now we just love this idea for New Year’s Eve with TurfnSurf. TurfnSurf is a family run hostel and activity provider in Bundoran, Donegal on the north-west surf coast. They offer lots of packages and are very popular for an alternative New Year’s eve adventure and a New Year’s Eve Party in the Lodge with Live Music. Spend your day doing activities including surfing, sea-kayaking, SUP or Blo-karting(this is land sailing!). Sounds like the perfect New Year’s Eve for us – adventures by day and a QT New Year’s Eve party by night. Perfection! We were also told about a real gem they are launching from Paddy’s day so stay tuned to find out all about this in the New Year – trust us you will LOVE it!! For more information, check out their website.
- Dingle is always great craic and New Year’s Eve in no different in a fun, relaxed atmosphere. There are big celebration on the streets on New Year’s Eve in Dingle and from 10pm you can catch some amazing fireworks over the bay from The Pier. You can be lead around the town by Dingle Fife and Drum Band and countdown the New Year celebrating near the bridge – a tradition in Dingle!
- Rent a house in one of our OnTheQT spots. Bring in the New Year in an off the beaten track gem with your nearest and dearest and spend a few days enjoying a fun adventure together afterwards. Have a look at some of our videos and see which spot would suit you. We think Ardmore(Video) or Lismore(Video) are both great options for an off the beaten track adventure on New Year’s Eve.
- Something a little different in the capital. A new and exciting 3-day New Year’s Eve Festival is taking place in Dublin. For more information check out their website here. Ring in the New Year at the Three Countdown Concert & New Year’s Festival Street Fest! Participate in the Procession of Light and World Record Attempt!
Wishing all our QT followers a very happy and adventurous New Year. May 2016 be filled with adventures, dreams and travel.
The QT Team