A hundred million dollars worth of pirate treasure may lurk nearby… but I assure you it wont bother you! When you’re in this tropical Indian Ocean paradise, surrounded by white – sand beaches, intoxicating waters and swaying palm trees laden with exotic fruits.. you’ll already feel like the richest person on the planet! The 115 islands of the Seychelles were uninhabited until the 18th century – many still are!
Best time to visit: March – May, September – November
Top things to see:
- Clouds of birds flocking in the skies over bird island,
- Anse Source d’Argent – a heavenly stretch of white sand and crystal clear water,
- The remote raised coral of Aldabra Atoll,
- A perfectly prepared plate of succulent seafood served in front of you!
Top things to do:
- Set your pace slow and sink into the laid – back vibe on the beautiful granite island of La Digue,
- Unleash your inner adventurer and hike in the jungle clad hills of More Seychellois National Park,
- Nothing! (as long as your panned out on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world!)
Best known for: Giant tortoises, coral atolls, picturesque beaches!
Capital city: Victoria, Official languages: English, French + Creole
If you have ever been lucky enough to visit this paradise… we would LOVE to hear from you! Simply e-mail us at: OntheQT.email@example.com! x
Many Thanks to Heffernan’s Travel for partnering on this post.