Blogger: Lauren Lucy Crowley
Recently we took a trip to Dubai here at OnTheQT, a city known …….. The best tips we ever receive are from people who have been to the city and explored themselves… so we are going to be that person for you!! We are going to share with you some of our top tips from Dubai!
- Go on a desert safari: Ever wanted to take a trip to the desert? Well heres your chance! Its a must do to visit the magical Arabian desert (we went on our tour with Symphony tourism)! They will pick you up at your hotel and take you on an exhilarating excursion! When you get there, go sand bashing through the dunnes (in the jeep), go on a camel ride, and even get a henna tattoo! All this before a delicious BBQ and a traditional tanoura dance performance.
- Eat some delicious fresh fruit: Lychees were my absolute favourite! I had never tried them before, and although they look a bit daunting to even attempt to eat at first… its like an explosion of juice and flavour once you take a bite! Just watch out for the stone inside!
- Get lost in a giant shopping mall: If you like to shop…. you will LOVE the shopping malls in Dubai! With some of the biggest shopping malls in the world… you’ll be sure to shop till you drop! We particularly loved the Dubai Mall which has an aquarium inside! #Impressive
- Watch the fountain display at the Burj Khalifa: You will most definitely have to visit the Burj Khalifa, the tallest building in the world! There is a fantastic fountain display to enjoy, which is set on the 24 acre Burj Lake featuring jets as high as 140 metres (the equivalent to a 45 storey building). The display was designed by the same creator as the Bellagio fountains in Las Vegas! The beam of light shining upwards from the fountain can be seen from over 20 miles away, it’s even visible from space!!
- Visit the Global Village: The global village is similar to a mini theme park with a separate section for each country around the world! There were stalls, street food, traditional clothes and shows to match each country, it was a great cultural experience! I found myself making a brand new bucket list of countries to visit! Definitely worth a trip!
Enjoy your adventure! Over and out for now! x